GREENDALE FORUM by GreendaleLife.com

Our Garden Community's Cyber Town Square
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Do you remember ...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:50 am 

Hi out there in Greendale,

I'm from Berlin, Germany, and that's why my English is not so good - sorry for that.

I am on the search for information about Karl SENGER. Karl visited the Greendale Elementary School in 1948 - one of his classmates was Jack OTT (he lives now in CO).

Karl's father was Adolph SENGER (his wife could be the daughter of a Priest or Pater) and they lived in 5615 Badger Ct., Greendale.

If you remember this family I would be glad if you could give me the information or share your memories.

Are there Year Books or some thing like that available from Greendale Elementary School in 1948 or a bit later and where can I find the books ?

Thanks for reading my message.
Angelika

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Do you remember ...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:00 pm 
Active User
Active User

AngelB wrote:

I'm from Berlin, Germany, and that's why my English is not so good - sorry for that.

I am on the search for information about Karl SENGER. Karl visited the Greendale Elementary School in 1948 - one of his classmates was Jack OTT (he lives now in CO).

Karl's father was Adolph SENGER (his wife could be the daughter of a Priest or Pater) and they lived in 5615 Badger Ct., Greendale.

If you remember this family I would be glad if you could give me the information or share your memories.

Are there Year Books or some thing like that available from Greendale Elementary School in 1948 or a bit later and where can I find the books ?

Thanks for reading my message.
Angelika

Hello Angelika,

Welcome! Your English is sehr gut! I've spent a lot of time in Berlin, staying at my friend's apartments in Kreuzberg, Neu Köln and most recently Prenzlauer Berg. It's amazing to see the changes from my first visit in February 1990 to my last in March 2003.

I will forward your questions to people who might know or someone may respond here.

All the best,
Ron

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:34 pm 
Active User
Active User

I think we found a relative already! Angelika - I sent you an email.

Ron

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:08 pm 
Very Active User
Very Active User

AngelB wrote:

Your english is great and you've probably found the best site in Greendale for such information.

AngelB wrote:

My mom is an Original resident (B section), so I asked her. She doesn't remember the Senger name, but did go to school with a Marion Ott.

AngelB wrote:

I looked through my mom's 1948 yearbook (she graduated in 1951) and didn't see a Senger name in there and that listed 7th grade on up.

I will send you a private message with an idea for another source of information.