Our Garden Community's Cyber Town Square
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Trivia questions
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:19 pm 
Very Active User
Very Active User

Came across a 1948 Greendale anniversary book... can you answer the following:

1) What was "The original stain-wax finish for Wood Floors, Paneling and Trim Used on all Wood Floors and Trim in Greendale"? Name the product, and bonus points for the supplier.

2) What was the name of the Milwaukee company which manufactured the Venetian Cement Paint used to decorate Greendale homes? Bonus points for the company's address.
Joe

Post subject: Re: Trivia questions
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:04 pm 
Active User
Active User

NBjoe wrote:

1) What was "The original stain-wax finish for Wood Floors, Paneling and Trim Used on all Wood Floors and Trim in Greendale"? Name the product, and bonus points for the supplier.

MINWAX, distributed by Lake Shore Supply, Inc. 2410 N. Murray Avenue, Milwaukee 11 (Phone LAkeside 8-1115)

This location was a Mainstream Record Store in the 1980s and is now home to http://www.corythebikefixer.com/ who used to work on my 10-speed when I lived on that side of town.

NBjoe wrote:
2) What was the name of the Milwaukee company which manufactured the Venetian Cement Paint used to decorate Greendale homes? Bonus points for the company's address.
Joe

E.D. Coddington Mfg. Co., 5024-42 N. 37th Street, Milwaukee 9. The building is still there, looks a bit boarded up, but may still be in use. But I wouldn't go check it out in person...

What else U got? :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:41 pm 
Semi-Active User
Semi-Active User

wow!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:15 pm 
Very Active User
Very Active User

Ron 80 wrote:
NBjoe wrote:

MINWAX, distributed by Lake Shore Supply, Inc. 2410 N. Murray Avenue, Milwaukee 11 (Phone LAkeside 8-1115)

This location was a Mainstream Record Store in the 1980s and is now home to http://www.corythebikefixer.com/ who used to work on my 10-speed when I lived on that side of town.

Darn, you're good. Did you know that about the place when they worked on the bike?

Ron 80 wrote:
NBjoe wrote:
Joe

E.D. Coddington Mfg. Co., 5024-42 N. 37th Street, Milwaukee 9. The building is still there, looks a bit boarded up, but may still be in use. But I wouldn't go check it out in person...

Wimp. :wink:

Ron 80 wrote:
What else U got? :D

I'm working on one.
Joe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:44 pm 
Active User
Active User

NBjoe wrote:
Ron 80 wrote:
NBjoe wrote:

Darn, you're good. Did you know that about the place when they worked on the bike?

Cory used to fix bikes on the grass lot on Farwell and Irving by Koppa's Food before he moved to the Murray address. In the summer he would show up, put up a sign and fix a lot of bikes for cash. The grass lot now has a building with an Indian restaurant and burger joint.

My girlfriend (at the time) used to work at the Mainstream, so I was there a lot, picking up my VINYL LPs.

Profile E-mail