GREENDALE FORUM by GreendaleLife.com

Our Garden Community's Cyber Town Square
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Why Does the Right Wing Hate America?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:47 pm 
Semi-Active User
Semi-Active User

The Right Wingers loved it when Chicago lost the 2016 Olympics and they are now upset that Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.
Why do they hate America so much?

Watch this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8e28D4vxsU

Post subject: Re: Why Does the Right Wing Hate America?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:31 pm 
Active User
Active User

Ok.. Answer this question...

The Application process for the Nobel Peace Prize must be completed by early February.
What had Barack done that by that point in his Presidency to promote world peace?

Some great men and women have won this award. This year it was a complete set up.

I saw a great comment on CNN.
Last year at this point 3 billion people hated me. This year only 2 billion hate me. I have had a great year!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:13 am 
Active User
Active User

So, Parentof3, Are you agreeing with the Taliban that this is an outrage?

Maybe the awarding of the Peace Prize to the U.S. head of state is just one way that the international community using to send a message to the U.S. Could they be trying to tell us that, simply by electing someone who is so different from the Bush Cabal, the U.S. has greatly improved the chances for peace all over the world?

I don't think you can discount the effect of the presidential election campaign when you consider what Barack Obama had done by the time February rolled around. While it's true that most of the impact of his campaign, including the initiatives and policies he intended to implement if elected, was within the U.S., and therefore, the immediate effects of his actions was not of a truly international nature, it's still pretty clear that, even as a candidate, Barack Obama had different agenda from the Bush-Cheney-Haliburton cabal.

What has happened to civility in this country? We used to hold elections that were hard fought, but once decided, the country would come together again for 4 years to work on the issues that face the country as a whole.

I think the following quote is much more appropriate response to Obama's winning the award:
    Chicago Tribune wrote:
    Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, who is eyeing a bid for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012, said, "Under any circumstance, an appropriate response is to say, 'Congratulations.' "

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:58 am 
Active User
Active User

Nice.... Way to incorporate something that wasnt even spoken of in the original response. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The point is he has yet to do anything to accomplish peace.
MAYBE he will but that is a huge maybe...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:07 pm 
Active User
Active User

Hey, I watched the video clip: it WAS included there !

Responding to the thread, not just to you. :)

It's too bad that so many people hate you... :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:28 pm 
Active User
Active User

growler wrote:
The Right Wingers loved it when Chicago lost the 2016 Olympics and they are now upset that Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.
Why do they hate America so much?

Watch this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8e28D4vxsU

I suspect that you might have missed a little bit of sarcasm there in those clips.

Knowing what I know about a few of them, there was some sarcasm, maybe even use of irony.

However, what I find interesting is something that PROBABLY is true, but need confirmation. I recall that many Republicans used to speak of the Clinton administration as being so staged and practiced and rehearsed and so on and so on such that President Clinton or his wife, Hillary, wouldn't do something or go somewhere that wasn't planned ahead. In other words President Clinton, they might say, would not have gone to lobby for the Olympics unless he had known that it was already decided that the place they were lobbying for (the US, I presume) would win. That way they couldn't be said to have failed and could claim some manner of victory.

Now somebody help me out, have some Republicans made that same "observation" about President Obama? I did hear one of the talkers claim, before the announcement that the US did NOT win, that Chicago must have been chosen because surely President Obama and his wife, Michelle, wouldn't be going if they didn't know the outcome.

I don't agree with President Obama on much, and I'm not sure that it was actually a good idea to go and lobby at all but it's rather refreshing to know that the man didn't go to make a pitch for something that was already decided just to claim some sort of staged victory. It's probably the case that the talking head who was sure that President Obama wouldn't go without knowing that the US had won is probably now saying that he is- or is surrounded by- amateurs and shouldn't have gone without knowing.

Hypocrisy abounds.