GREENDALE FORUM by GreendaleLife.com

Our Garden Community's Cyber Town Square
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What's going on by the Community Church?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:41 pm 

What is the construction going on next to the church? Did they have their parking lot approved?

Post subject: Re: What's going on by the Community Church?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:46 am 

I believe they are expanding/remodeling their existing building and putting in a parking lot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:39 am 
Active User
Active User

The church has broken ground on a building project to extend the building for classroom space for their Sunday School. They have filed the necessary permits, etc. with the Village.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:45 pm 
Semi-Active User
Semi-Active User

As viewed when I drive by, that's a lot of very uneven space for rooms and parking lot. Not sure a parking lot could be part of the space. Did notice the downtown Greendale shops sign is gone.

If they expand the capacity of the church, they will need to take over the green space next to their construction for parking, is that next?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:26 pm 
Very Active User
Very Active User

growler wrote:
As viewed when I drive by, that's a lot of very uneven space for rooms and parking lot. Not sure a parking lot could be part of the space. Did notice the downtown Greendale shops sign is gone.

If they expand the capacity of the church, they will need to take over the green space next to their construction for parking, is that next?

This was approved a while ago. They will not be using the green space and it is all on their existing property. Of course, the trees had to be sacrificed.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:12 pm 

Quote:
This was approved a while ago. They will not be using the green space and it is all on their existing property. Of course, the trees had to be sacrificed.

Once again Joe, for every tree eliminated, the village plants like three trees! It is not the end of the world if a tree is removed. I am sure the church will be planting more after the construction!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:30 pm 
Very Active User
Very Active User

GDgrad02 wrote:
Quote:

Once again Joe, for every tree eliminated, the village plants like three trees! It is not the end of the world if a tree is removed. I am sure the church will be planting more after the construction!

They do? As of last year, when I inquired about some ash trees being removed on Northway, I was told they were replacing a tree for a tree and have budgeted to replace a set number of trees each year. Trees cost money, so it's not a three for one deal. But I'm sure, Grad, you already knew that and just mis-spoke.

And while I'm sure the church will replant some trees, the mature tree line that was there is gone.

I didn't say the trees wouldn't be replaced, I just said the trees there were sacrificed. Might be helpful if you would read things a bit closer.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:59 pm 

Who cares is a mature tree line is gone or not. Most likely the trees will be replaced. I am pretty sure you dont complain about residents chopping down a tree in their own yard. But then again you may. Its private land and let them (GCC) do what they wish to do!