GREENDALE FORUM by GreendaleLife.com

Our Garden Community's Cyber Town Square
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Simon says... NO BUSES!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:20 am 
Active User
Active User

I see no reason for race-baiting but, then, that's just one person's opinion.

Could be that the family-friendly comment was suggestive of the notion that lots of those arriving by bus are loud youngsters. I don't care much for loud (and I mean unruly) people young or old or tall or short or blond or brunette or male or female when I'm out "in public." Just hope for some courtesy; give it to get it. There must still be an age-restriction at Mayfair because it's a lot less UNRULY than it used to be...

Could be that the family-friendly comment as it relates to buses means any number of things.

As with all things said or written, we can only know what is said or written, not what is meant. That's why it's best you say/write what you mean and mean what you write/say.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:23 am 
Semi-Active User
Semi-Active User

growler wrote:

Jerry, have you ever taken a trip on a MCTS bus? Your story sounds dubious at best. Does the "drunk smelly white guy" show up every time you (or is it your kid --?) gets a haircut? And what does "deshoveled bus patrons" mean? People who had shovels taken away from them? Sounds like the half-drunk might be someone you know.

I meant disheveled, I was typing too fast. Not the same guy "everytime." Yes, I have been on a MCTS bus, and unfortunately it was not a family friendly place. Crime on buses is up. Over 3,200 security service calls in 2011.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/ ... 50813.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:58 am 

To answer the shopping at Southridge comment; Yes and No. I have recently moved to Chicago so I cant shop there but when I do visit my parents, you will find me roaming the halls of Southridge. As a former Manager at a fine retail establishment, I have had the ability to work at Mayfair and Southridge. I also worked the day of the now infamous "Mayfair Riot". As someone put it nicely, I was referring to loud and obnoxious children. The crime rate on the buses and around the buses were insane at Mayfair mall. Hence the curfew. Which has worked to a degree. I am all for allowing the buses to be there if there are other measures put in place to ensure that "distractions" to family shopping isnt happen. Everyone deserves the chance to shop at a mall. But a mall isnt also a playground.

Does that clarify things a bit more?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:47 am 
Semi-Active User
Semi-Active User

Hey Growler,

According to the Sheriff, current bus conditions are "horrible, frightening and intimidating." Good news is we are only about $6 million per year away from your family friendly buses. We just need a unit of 50 deputies spending full time riding buses plus five supervisors. :roll:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/ ... 52919.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:18 pm 
Semi-Active User
Semi-Active User

That's a political fight between Chief Clarke and County Supervisor Abele. Plus, according to the JournalSentinel article, Clarke said the bus routes with the most problems were numbers 12, 19, 27, 35 and 80. None of those MCTS routes go to or get near Southridge.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:23 pm 
Semi-Active User
Semi-Active User

growler wrote:
That's a political fight between Chief Clarke and County Supervisor Abele. Plus, according to the JournalSentinel article, Clarke said the bus routes with the most problems were numbers 12, 19, 27, 35 and 80. None of those MCTS routes go to or get near Southridge.

I'm no bus expert, but I believe you can get to Southrigde from any of those routes with a transfer or two. I would also say route 27 (27th and Layton) is "near Southridge." Finally, it is silly to think that crime on buses is not a real problem and just a polictical fight. Talk to some of th MCTS bus drivers about the conditions.... :roll:
http://www.examiner.com/commuter-in-mil ... ger-safety
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjkfyi ... n-bus_news
http://fox6now.com/2011/12/09/attacks-p ... s-drivers/