Attachments:
Press Release - Water Order.jpg
Press Release - Water Order.jpg [ 139.19 KiB | Viewed 1889 times ]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: BOIL/BOTTLED WATER ORDER FOR VILLAGE OCT. 2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:13 pm 
Very Active User
Very Active User

If the water was tested last week, why did Michaels wait until a sleepy news time (i.e. Sunday morning) to send out the press release?

Bet all those who attended Hay Day are real happy to hear this now. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:43 pm 
Semi-Active User
Semi-Active User

Yes, they knew this Wednesday last week and only informed the public today (when ppl are preoccupied with Brewers/Packers stuff). I've been making ice, drinking water, etc. since Wed. Didn't see anything on the news Wednesday or Friday. Not good, Greendale officials.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:06 am 
Active User
Active User

I think you'll find that the devil is in the details. In order to understand whether or not the Village of Greendale government acted prudently- and timely- we'll have to know the testing schedule and the results that trigger a notice as we've received. It might well be, for instance, that the Department of Water/Sewer in Greendale tests more frequently than surrounding communities and has a lower threshold measure of contamination to trigger a notice. It is likely, I opine, that surrounding communities have comparable contamination right now and are not being told about it.

Would really appreciate if the Village government would give us the details in this matter. We, the people, can handle, that is understand, the numbers; please give them to us.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:12 pm 
Semi-Active User
Semi-Active User

[quote="NBjoe"Bet all those who attended Hay Day are real happy to hear this now. :roll:[/quote]

My brother's kids were apple bobbing at Hay Days, needless to say he's not very happy about the Sunday announcement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:17 pm 
Semi-Active User
Semi-Active User

Smith wrote:
I think you'll find that the devil is in the details. In order to understand whether or not the Village of Greendale government acted prudently- and timely- we'll have to know the testing schedule and the results that trigger a notice as we've received. It might well be, for instance, that the Department of Water/Sewer in Greendale tests more frequently than surrounding communities and has a lower threshold measure of contamination to trigger a notice. It is likely, I opine, that surrounding communities have comparable contamination right now and are not being told about it.

Would really appreciate if the Village government would give us the details in this matter. We, the people, can handle, that is understand, the numbers; please give them to us.

The Village said the water contamination was in violation of state and federal safe drinking water regulations, so I doubt a lower threshold measure of contamination. Today they're handing out bottled water. 'Nuff said.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:11 pm 
Very Active User
Very Active User

growler wrote:
The Village said the water contamination was in violation of state and federal safe drinking water regulations, so I doubt a lower threshold measure of contamination. Today they're handing out bottled water. 'Nuff said.

Food court at Southridge was dark today - all of the restaurants closed due to the water situation. For an administration that will do anything for Simon... opps. Can you imagine if this would've happened over the holiday shopping period?

Greendale's potential new slogan: A nice place to visit and shop, just don't drink the water.

Here's what I find interesting. The tests on Wednesday and Friday took two days to get back. Yet the test on Sunday was returned today according to an article on Patch. Who finally woke up that the testing could be done quicker?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:34 am 
Active User
Active User

growler wrote:
Smith wrote:

Surely I have not made myself clear and I am making suggestions, not assertions.

Let's try this.

Are we the only community that is currently undergoing a bottle/boil warning? I think yes, but I don't know. Do you know of any others?

Do we get our water whence other local municipalities get theirs? Again, I think yes.

If I am correct on the above questions/suggestions, why are we the only community currently under boil/bottle order?

It might be (might, I say, might be) because Greendale government tests more frequently and might possibly be holding itself to a "higher" standard of rules-following when it comes to reporting than other municipalities.

Possible?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:56 am 
Very Active User
Very Active User

Smith wrote:
Surely I have not made myself clear and I am making suggestions, not assertions.

Let's try this.

Are we the only community that is currently undergoing a bottle/boil warning? I think yes, but I don't know. Do you know of any others?

Perhaps you should read news outside the bubble. Yes, Greendale is the only one, although since Greendale does serve a bit of Greenfield, they are affected too.

Smith wrote:
Do we get our water whence other local municipalities get theirs? Again, I think yes.

Yes, but they have not been affected.

Smith wrote:
If I am correct on the above questions/suggestions, why are we the only community currently under boil/bottle order?

That is the $64,000 question, as they say.

Smith wrote:
It might be (might, I say, might be) because Greendale government tests more frequently and might possibly be holding itself to a "higher" standard of rules-following when it comes to reporting than other municipalities.

DNR regulations on testing.

I'm going to toss out a theory, and it is only that so I'm sure some won't like it, but...

There is only one spot in Greendale where, as far as I know, they have had to work on/relocate water and sewer lines. Anybody care to guess where that is? That would be the first place I would be looking for the source as it didn't exist before that project.

And since the rain last week was the most the area has received in over, well, most of the summer, it would be appropriate that the problem came to light last week instead of the drier months and weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:27 pm 
Active User
Active User

Help me out, Joe, if I can get all of my questions answered outside the bubble. Got a link, perhaps? Thanks.